[cad-linux] Re: editing with this file format

  • From: Janek Kozicki <janek_listy@xxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:54:03 +0200

I've just read http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/taoup/html/ch01s06.html
and I wanted to make some corrections :)

> ~/drawings/airport/$ m
>
> * now `m` program expects a list of objects from the server.
>
> So you select the objects by clicking. Each click causes the "display"
> program to write a line "_tag" into the file that describes the clicked
> object. When you finished object selection you do right-click (or press
> space) while focus on "display". `m` program recevies only one signal
> from the server - "_selection_finished."
>
> Note - by this way you can automatically select files by adding a line
> "_tag" into all files that passed this filter (for example)
> `grep "circle" ./*`
> After this selection done by some coplicated bash program, you only send
> "_selection_finished" signal from the "display" server.

i think that "_selection_finished" signal should be placed in a
./signals file. So that, after the complicated script finished selection
- it just writes "_selection_finished" into ./signals file. So then `m`
can process further. Without interaction through "display"-server.

But bear one thing I mind - I want interactive working to be easy.
(clicking, writing commands, clicking again)

--
# Janek Kozicki