[brailleblaster] Re: Translation of character entities

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:47:32 -0500

These entities will be converted to UTF-8 by the xml parser.
liblouisutdml will then convert them to UTF-16 or UTF-32, depending on
how it was compiled. This is not important. liblouisutdml then passes
them  to liblouis for translation. The liblouis table used must contain
a character definition such as

sign \x1234 16-23

This is a made-up example. the word sign indicates what kind of
character it is. the \x gives the hex value the numbers in the third
column give the dot pattern. If liblouis does not have a definition for
a particular character it will place it in the output in the form
'\xhhhh' so the user can look it up and supply a definition.

John

--
My websites:
GodTouches Digital Ministry, Inc. http://www.godtouches.org