[brailleblaster] Re: Translation of character entities

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:10:01 -0000

I think the hard part is actually getting BrailleBlaster to offer a user friendly way of editing this stuff.

Michael Whapples

-----Original Message----- From: John J. Boyer
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:03 PM
To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [brailleblaster] Re: Translation of character entities

This has worked from the beginning. What you may have to do is define
some of the characters in liblouis tables. The hard part of that will be
deciding what dot patterns to use. There are some common Unicode
characters for which I don't know the correct dot patterns after years
of searching. Good luck with the uncommon ones.

John

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 08:22:49AM -0400, Keith Creasy wrote:
OK, that sounds good. Are you saying that it "will" do this at some future date or that it can be done now? Is this something we may need to work on?

It isn't critical but I'm trying to develop a mental catalog of what remains to be done.

Keith