[bookshare-discuss] Re: advertising and information

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 01:52:57 -0800

Thank you! That's exactly what I was trying to say. I have no problem with informational posts. I just don't like the selling, profit aspects involved. If someone wants to say something like, "Hey all, I have mp3 recorders for sale that work with Bookshare. Go to my site at http://example.com/ and check them out.", I have no problem with that at all. When someone sends a rather long brochure and is obviously trying to sell something, I have a problem. Again sorry for posting my original message on the list, it was just upsetting to see someone taking advantage of a non-profit list in this way. As a side note, there might be a legal problem both with the Bookshare lists since Bookshare is non-profit and freelists.org since I don't think they allow advertising.

At 06:05 PM 2/25/07 -0500, you wrote:

hi:
This was blatent advertising for a specific product and a specific =
distributer of said product.

Where it crosses the line for me is the for-profit component.

People have brought up the accessibility of other mp3 player/digital  =
voice recorders in the past, but they weren't selling them.