[bookshare-discuss] Re: Hi!

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:49:02 -0500

Julie,
I'm not Brenda, but it seems the confusion here is over the concept of a
scanner and ocr that will run on the braille note" of which, as you noted,
there are none. But there is a stand alone unit which costs too much in
my opinion, but which will let you send the documents you scan from it to the
Braille or Voice note using active synch.  So for the person who does not want
to own a pc and who is willing to pay 3,000 for this unit,
there is a solution for scanning and then sending your scanned output to the
BN/VN. Hope that helps.
mary