[bookshare-discuss] Re: Hi!

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:16:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Brenda,

You're in the right place.  There are two bookshare
discussion groups; a lot people post to both and a lot
of the posts overlap. I'm not sure what the difference
is, but I think I was told originally that his is the
place to discuss books and,if you want, bookshare. At
the other one, we ask questions about scanning and
validating, books we'be worked on, some machine
problems (like braille readers) etc. I didn't sign up
for this one for a long time because I really wasn't
"into" discussing books, but some recent discussion on
the other one made me feel I was missing something, so
I recently signed up. So far i can't tell any
difference -- people seem to discuss whatever is
bothering them at either, or both, discussin groups. I
don't know how you'd sign up for the other one unless
it's the same way you signed up for this one, only the
title is different. If you're interested, my guess is
that you'd send a message with Subscribe in the
subject space to bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- but this is only based on what I did to get onto
this one. Jana will probably weigh in with more
accurate info.

Welcome.

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail