[bookshare-discuss] Re: Banned Books Week

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 22:34:36 -0700 (PDT)

I'm quite sure that Harry Potter is banned because
some people don't like books that contain wizards or
magic. I haven't read the list but I'm  assuming the
Tokien books are on it.

I had a student whose mother would not let him use a
ouija board that I had brought in for kids to play
with during lunch (those who preferred staying in the
room to going outside). My kids loved it, especially
playing with it on sleep-overs.

I was wondering why A Wrinkle in Time was on the list.

Cindy