[bookport] Re: no upgrade path. no upgrade path

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:19:12 -0500 (CDT)

And remember, too, and I hate to say this because it sounds like I'm being negative but I'm not, the Book Port, wonderful as it is, is very old technology. Try selling a 5-1/4-inch external drive for your computer.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, David Tanner wrote:

Well, I think you have to look at the amount of profit built into those devices
and what they originally cost.  Remember, a brand new Book Port only costs
$395, so you really couldn't expect to get very much on a trade in/trade-up.
There just isn't that much difference between the price and the cost of making
the device.