[bookport] Re: braille translation mistakes

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:19:26 +1300

Hi Rich and list:

Thanks for the thoughtful post. I took the liberty of running your message through my Dec-talk Express and Eloquence as a comparison. Most would agree that both are good synthesisers.

Dec-Talk Express did the better job, pronouncing everything as it should. Anyone else reading this already knows that. Those who use Eloquence with Jaws, at least will equally know that it didn't try to guess about Dr. but spelled it out in every instance. While Eloquence did seem to differentiate produce and produce correctly, it pronounced read as reed in both instances.

Cheers,
Dave