[bookport] Re: braille translation mistakes

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 08:38:25 -0800

Actually, the abbreviation-handling is a DoubleTalk issue, hence my suggestion that the transfer software include the ability to modify pronunciation rules so that people can customize them. As to translation, I've taken to back translating books with NFBTrans before sending them to the BookPort, since it does a slightly better job on some foreign and odd words, and I can edit its tables to fix errors it does make.

Dean