[bookport] Re: belt clip Re: Re: old bookport, repair it or replace it?

  • From: Chris Hill <chill000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 12:45:22 -0600

I like a belt clip, but it needs to screw on from the outside and be
sturdy.  that way if it wasn't sturdy enough and it broke you could
replace it yourself.  I've never seen a plastic belt clip last, at
least metal will bend before it snaps off.  I cut the broken clip off
with a small hacksaw to find that it was screwed on from the inside.
The screw heads didn't seem to cause any problems so I left them in
there.  I thought they'd finally caused a problem when my unit died so
I had them removed, didn't change anything.  I still don't recommend
cutting off the belt clip if you can avoid it.