[bookport] Re: Upgrades: Hardware and Firmware

  • From: Paul Henrichsen <paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:28:52 -0700

Hi, Larry and list. When I bought my first roadrunner, I knew that I really
disliked doubletalk. But I figured, I had to get used to it if I wanted to
use this unit. Same with bookport. Doubletalk is no way my favorite
synthesizer. I would never buy a double or triple talk outright. I like
dectalk, even better than eloquence. But speech is and, I think, will
always be a very personal thing to each user.
It seems that many people on this list favor dectalk, but I know users of
screenreaders who hate it<grin>.