[bookport] Upgrades: Hardware and Firmware

  • From: "Jeff - The Ultra Guy" <Jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:14:28 -0700

In a message posted to this list, Larry indicated that a hardware
upgrade is being seriously considered.  If this is the case, is there
any chance that this upgrade can include the use of Eloquence as the
speech synthesizer?

Regarding firmware upgrades, do I understand correctly that any
firmware upgrades will be performed automatically when the Book Port
is connected to the PC, or does one have to take some sort of action
to make the firmware upgrade?  Whenever I connect the Book Port, I
hear the word  "firmware" spoken, but I never see any indication that
firmware is being updated or is needing to be updated.  I've only had
my Book Port for a couple of months, so perhaps there have been no
updates during that time, but I would like to know what to expect.

Jeff