[bookport] Re: Upgrades: Hardware and Firmware

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:01:51 -0500

There have been no official updates... only the Beta firmware
updates.  From what I understand, the official firmware update will be
released very soon.

At 10:14 PM 4/12/2005, you wrote:
>In a message posted to this list, Larry indicated that a hardware
>upgrade is being seriously considered.  If this is the case, is there
>any chance that this upgrade can include the use of Eloquence as the
>speech synthesizer?
>
>Regarding firmware upgrades, do I understand correctly that any
>firmware upgrades will be performed automatically when the Book Port
>is connected to the PC, or does one have to take some sort of action
>to make the firmware upgrade?  Whenever I connect the Book Port, I
>hear the word  "firmware" spoken, but I never see any indication that
>firmware is being updated or is needing to be updated.  I've only had
>my Book Port for a couple of months, so perhaps there have been no
>updates during that time, but I would like to know what to expect.
>
>Jeff

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...