[bookport] Re: Synthesizers

  • From: "Angie Matney" <matneyar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:35:33 -0400

I guess it takes all kinds ...

I don't really like Keynote gold. In fact, one of my favorite synths is the
synthesizer that was in the old Braille 'n Speaks
and Braille Lites. I could listen vary easily at the fastest speed, and the
punctuation was very customizable.

I do wish DoubleTalk could go a bit faster, and I wrote another message about
my punctuation preferences. Other than
that, I don't mind the DoubleTalk synth. I've kind of gotten used to its
inflections. I prefer Eloquence to DecTalk, but I
think I can get used to just about anything, really. I agree with the person
who suggested staying away from the more
human-sounding synthesizers because of how speed is impacted.

Angie