[bookport] Re: Realistic Wish List

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:14:06 -0500

If there had to be a radio... and I hope not... so would I. There is nothing on the FM band I would spend extra money to listen to.

At 08:55 AM 8/18/2005, you wrote:

Preference thing. I'd rather have an AM than an FM radio. <GRIN>

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, James Nuttall wrote:

Let's think creatively and not under estimate the wonderful improvements that are taking place every day with technology. USB 2.0 goes without even debate. When I looked at me other new features recommended I don't see any dramatic size increase or in increasing costs. Also something to consider is FM radio on a chip. This FM radio chip cost $10 and as the manufacturer says who can't afford to put an FM radio in every device for that cost. Adding functionality like a PDA calendar would most likely be a software issue. Let's really think outside the box because when they do upgrade the hardware there are lots of possibilities that might really work out well.
Jim Nuttall -- Michigan

LARRY SKUTCHAN <lskutchan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Chop chop (there goes your head).

Seriously, we are planning a hardware upgrade before the parts become
unavailable. I do not have any information yet on time lines or upgrade
paths, but you good folks on this list will be the first to know.

dogriver@xxxxxxxx Wednesday, August 17, 2005 11:49:00 PM >>>
I may get beheaded again, but I'd like to know just how old the guts of

the BP are, and how likely it is that the components that make up said

guts are still going to be available cheaply in the future.

Bruce

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A