Here is my more realistic wish list for the BP. I have a dishwasher now. I
realize that some of these suggestions would require a hardware change,
but for what it's worth, here's the list.
1. USB 2-enabled; the speed difference is substantial.
2. A true lock mode that doesn't activate the unit every time a key is pressed;
3. Seek to time feature; seeking by time is fine for short files, but seek to time would still, in my mind, be desirable.
4. Direct, no-vonversion-necessary, OGG Vorbis support.
5. Option for an externally audible beep to indicate recording. The record feature is really nice, but it gets less convenient if you have to put on a pair of headphones each time to get the audible varification that you're recording.
6. Independent volume controls for voice and audio.
7. More memory in the unit and a more modern processor, so that things like necessary conversions, grade two translation, etc. could be done in the unit and on the fly.
8. 4-GIG CF card support.
9. Correct mapping of the stereo channels to the correct speakers.
10. Still-finer control of volume.
11. Eliminate transfer limit of 250 MB
12. Ability to sort directory listings automatically so files play in correct order.
1. Third battery to run the clock.
2. Ability to write error messages to files so that line numbers need not be memorized.
3. Memorize latest point read in a file in case that point was inadvertently navigated away from; should work for audio and text files.
I would gladly pay for a new unit incorperating these features, and I would gladly beta test those new features.
Just my wish list. I'M NOT WHINING.
Bruce -- Bruce Toews E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx Web Site (including info on my weekly commentaries): http://www.ogts.net Info on the Best TV Show of All Time: http://www.cornergas.com