[bookport] Re: New bookport list member queries

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:08:38 -0600 (CST)

I was making no accusations, I merely answered the question of where the rumor started. These things happen.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, LARRY SKUTCHAN wrote:

OK, Pamela was mistaken and stated what she knew at the time.  We are
human, too, and we do our best to provide as much information as we
have.  She was working from the facts that she knew at the time.

DogRiver@xxxxxxxx Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:25:39 PM >>>
It started from the following message being posted to the list:

From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 08:29:00 -0500
Josh:

You cannot change that. The command for preserving settings while
changing batteries is d plus e plus f. However, there is a serious bug
which causes some of the newer units to crash, when utilizing this
command. This bug is being worked on, but in the meantime, I wouldn't
use this command, as it can cause the unit to die and you'd have to
send
it back.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind