[bookport] Re: New bookport list member queries

  • From: "Otto Zamora" <8zamora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:49:12 -0500

Hi,

I for one appreciate that you wrote to set this straight.

Otto

From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 08:29:00 -0500
Josh:

You cannot change that. The command for preserving settings while changing
batteries is d plus e plus f. However, there is a serious bug which causes
some of the newer units to crash, when utilizing this command. This bug is
being worked on, but in the meantime, I wouldn't use this command, as it can
cause the unit to die and you'd have to send it back.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206