[bookport] Re: New Beta Available

  • From: "Sarah Cranston" <cranston.sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:13:21 -0600

I think the problem might lie in the fact that some of us seem to have =
particularly sensitive ears.  Or maybe we're just a little set in our =
listening ways.  Either way, I hope the voice thing gets fixed.  I =
haven't spent a day without using my BookPort for almost two years now.  =
It has completely changed the way I read and personally listen to music. =
 I'm one of the few people I know who actually prefers the DoubleTalk =
synthetic speech over a human narrator.  For me, it's a nice compromise =
between reading in Braille and a book on tape.  And, of course, it's =
capable of being the largest library in the littlest package known to a =
blind person.