[bookport] Re: CompactFlash Memory Cards

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:06:06 -0600

Thanks John.

-----Original Message-----
From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John McCann
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:01 PM
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookport] Re: CompactFlash Memory Cards

Neal:

I just bought a sandisk ImageMate "5 in 1" card reader at Best Buy
here in=20
northern virginia, which can handle both type I and type II cards, in=20
addition to XD, memory sticks, and one other kind which I can't
remember=20
now. This ran me $20. What I'm saying is that even the mid and
budget-priced=20
card readers can handle a variety of flash formats any more. I think
the=20
limitation on transfer speed has to do with the controlling
architecture=20
inside the flash memory device rather than the card reader.

John

----- Original Message -----=20