[bookport] Re: Naming BP files

  • From: "Yerba Bruja" <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 07:05:07 -0500

Hi Stan:

After much struggle, I've found that what works for me is creating different folders for different types of books. I have a folder for my Harry Potter series, a folder for my SF books, a folder for fanfic that I might want to read from the Internet, etc. I do notice however that when Bookport identifies the files I have, it doesn't do so on the basis of the names that I give the files, but on the basis of the titles that the files themselves might have. For instance, my Harry Potter books are identified by Bookport by the name that appears on the books themselves. If I store a file without a title, say a phone number without the name of the person on it, the bookport will proceed to read the number without identifying the name of the person, even if the name appears in the filename itself. So, in my phone file folder, I have to make certain to write out the name of the person whose number i'm storing, even if the name is in the filename.

I do notice however that a lot of times Bookport won't read the full name of a file, like my HP books, even though the full title is written out in the books.
Marta
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Robinson" <stanrob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>