[bookport] Re: Naming BP files

  • From: John Milton <jon_mi1ton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 19:33:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi Stan,

William is correct.  When you transfer a book using
the transfer tool, 3 files are created.  For example,
if your book is called farside, then it will create:
farside._dd
farside._ix
farside._aa

Windows can mount the bookport like a removable drive.
If you opened the bookport as a drive, renamed
farside._dd to unforgiven._dd, then disconnect the
usb, unforgiven._dd will not play because it is
looking for unforgiven._ix and unforgiven._aa.

Similarly, if you create a folder called newbook and
move farside._dd to the newbook folder only, then
farside._dd will not play.

So just remember to do renames BEFORE you use the
transfer tool on your book.  If you are viewing the
contents of your bookport as a removable drive in
windows explorer, then you must rename all three
files.

Hope this helps,

-jon

http://mail.yahoo.com