[bookport] Re: Lagging pointer with the 26 update.

  • From: "Richard Ring" <ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:39:54 -0600

Agreed.

-----Original Message-----
From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian Buhrow
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:16 PM
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookport] Re: Lagging pointer with the 26 update.

        Hello.  The other problem that makes this problem harder to
diagnose
is that I find it exhibits itself on different files at different times.
That is, I may see the problem in file "A" at one time, but then later,
file "A" is fine and there's no problem.
        One thing I can say for certain is that the problem is not
dependent
on whether you've converted a daisy file to text or if you just used a
text
file directly when you sent it to the bookport.
-Brian
On Feb 21,  4:14pm, "Richard Ring" wrote:
} Greetings:
} I have seen the lagging pointer for a long time, I cannot remember
when
} it didn't happen.  Unfortunately, it happens to a greater or lesser
} degree with files that seem to have no eye catching (so to speak)
} distinguishing characteristics.  In other words, I can transfer two
text
} files to the Bookport, one of them will exhibit profound pointer lag,
} while the other will not.  And in this case, it doesn't seem that size
} matters.  I've seen the same behavior with relatively small files
(less
} than 300kb) and in fairly large files (greater than one meg).  I don't
} know how the problem can be fixed when those of us who are
experiencing
} it can't be more specific than this.  I hope that one of you who has
the
} problem will be the one to come up with the one factor that seems to
} cause pointer lag, as for me, I'm stumped.
}
}