[bookport] Re: I wasn't impressed.

  • From: "Mike Arrigo" <n0oxy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:22:05 -0600

As someone who has both, I thought I would put in a few comments on this.
Really, the book courier and book port are for 2 different markets. The
courier is more general, for people with reading disabilities, or just for
taking text or audio with you. The book port is especially for blind users,
and has features that blind users will appreciate. So I wouldn't say one is
better than the other, they're just different. Personally, I do find the
courier's interface to be a bit easier, especially since I never use the
note taking feature of the book port. However, I have heard that there will
be no future updates for the courier, don't know how true that is.