[bookport] Re: I wasn't impressed.

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:22:07 -0500 (CDT)

What Larry said was, quote, "That's one of the first things we wanna get into this unit." He was refering to how initially the feature set would be almost identical to Book Port Classic.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Rusty Perez wrote:

Folks, just one clarification about the rundown of features.
I'm pretty sure that Lary didn't say that speed adjustments on the fly
were forth coming. I think that internal speed adjustments of recorded
books would be pretty expensive to include. I may be wrong, but I
don't think he said that would happen in the BP II.
He did say he could imagine, in the future, a BP III which, for a
substancial price increase, could have better speech and other
nicities which people have wished for.
One thing which I was very VERY impressed with was Lary's commitment
to keeping prices down. It really sounds like that's at or near the
top of his list of important things to consider.
Rusty

On 3/14/07, Nancy <baxman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 I'm excited about the new BP as well. It will be great when the BP can
 play
 the new NLS format as well as WMA.  I'll wait a while but definitely will
 get a BP2 when I can.
 Nancy