[bookport] Re: BookPort 2.0

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:26:32 +1200

Hi Ess and list:

I bought a Bluecon II 3.5 Bluetooth adapter from www.flashcards.co.nz to use with the bookport. I have also used it with other audio devices, including the PC. The current exchange rate suggests you will pay around US$57 for this device if you buy it from the web site I suggested. Perhaps you can get it cheaper elsewhere. This is a small device that is a Bluetooth transmitter. It contains a short length of cable terminating in a 3.5 mm (1/8-inch) plug which is plugged into the headphone jack on the Bookport. The device is extremely light so I typically use a small extension cable between it and the bookport which allows me to keep the transmitter safely tucked into a pocket. I learned the hard way that this device is very easy to lose. Extension cables that were offered by local electronics shops were longer than I needed and resulted in cable getting in the way, which is why I had some custom made for myself and another active list member. This is a cable about 50 cm (19 inches) long. One end has a 3.5 mm (1/8-inch plug and the other has a socket. If you need such a cable, feel free to contact me off list as I can have them made any time and posted to you.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers,
Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "sseric57" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxx>