[bookport] Re: BP locking up

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:52:29 -0800

        Hello.  In this case, I don't think it's static buildup.  If you're
listening to audio files, which is what Audible books are, there is a
problem whereby the Bookport can lockup this way when keys are pressed. I
don't know the exact nature of the problem, but it seems to happen more when at
the end of a file than when at the beginning, and
in folders that have more files than ones with fewer files.
        I've reported this to APH, and I'm sure they're looking into it.  It's
not a problem specifically with the beta code.
-Brian

On Feb 27, 11:26am, "David Allen" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Re: BP locking up
} Hi Rick and list:
}
} I have had similar experience to yours. Can't really explain it, other than
} to say that in most instances, the 2+b reset fixes it. In rare instances,
} this hasn't worked. At those times, removing and re-inserting a battery has
} fixed it. Since no data is lost, I don't consider it to be a big deal.
} Suspect Lou has a point about static build up. Humidity is fairly low here
} most of the time.
}
} Cheers,
} Dave