[blindreplay] Re: capture stream or not

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 15:03:08 -0800 (PST)

Pam
My guess is you did something wrong. Try this just to be sure.
Go to the listview where your stations are listed in RAV 8.
Arrow down to the station and stop there. Now press your
applications key. Press "T" for Tune to station. See if the
stream works.

If the stream works you will hear the audio through your
speakers. This is a small test.

You will be in a Tuner dialog box with various buttons. This is
for WMP streams. Use your tab key to navigate to these buttons:
Stop, Volume slider and so on. You use space bar to activate one
of these buttons in the Tuner dialog box that pops up. I have
not touched the mute button. To switch back and forth between
RAV 8 and Tuner dialog box use your ALT+TAB keyboard command. To
close the Tuner dialog box use ALT+F4 command and you will be
back on RAV 8 program. Just letting you know all this.

If you get no audio after doing applications key and "T" then
something is wrong for sure. Many factors: bad URL link, check
properties area to see if you have told it the right media
player choice like Windows Media player and so on.

Can you send me the actual URL address you were trying to
record?

Not sure if you know how so I am posting instructions here:

Highlight station in listview box.
Press Applications key.
Choose "P" for Properties for Properties dialog xcreen.
Go to Basic tab page.
Tab a few times in the Basic page until you hear URL: edit box.
Copy the URL address yu have in there.
Press escape key to leave without affecting your settings in
properties screen.

Post this URL to this list for me and others to test.

I tested WMKV today and it is working as you say. No issues. You
are correct with yur analysis.

I hope I didn't forget anything.

Petro