[blindreplay] Re: WXYT station via Replay Guide working

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:16:42 -0400 (EDT)

Robin

Applian likely doesn't have the staff to do that kind of maintenance.
Trying to maintain this kind of database -- and I speak from personal
experience as I bookmark literally hundreds of audio links --
is working with a moving target.
Radiotime does a far better job of this; and their people are excellent in
updating things when I (and others) discover broken links,
stations that have streams but aren't in the database, and so on.
And with the urlfinder, 99.5% of anything you want RAV to handle, and
isn't in the database, is easily added.
There is always an exception; and I will detail this one in my next post
to the list.

I understand your frustration, Robin, as you want the Media Guide to have
it all.
While that ideal would be great, I doubt that it will happen; and truly it
isn't necessary.
On the other hand, with RadioTime, the way the program is set up, links
need be in the database.
And to their credit, they work exceedingly hard at it and so do the
customers apparently.

I have submitted additions, corrections, and the like in the moorning; and
many times by the end of that day, RadioTime has updated their info.

Frankly, I don't see this as absolutely necessary with Rav.  And despite
the lackings of the Media Guide, for the average user, there is more than
enough to choose from.

         Mike