[bksvol-discuss] Re: should page numbers be moved?

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:53:04 -0400

Lol, Bob. I didn't say I didn't move page numbers. (smile) I just said we
need the stripper and that it's been updated to recognize chapter headings
better. I didn't view what I said as contradicting Mayrie. Rather, I was
pointing out that headway has been made on the stripper and was trying to
explain why getting rid of it completely would do more harm than good.
They've tried to program more flexibility into the new stripper and make it
smarter. The engineering team has spent time working on it, and they need to
know if it's still eating chapter headings when it shouldn't. They've tried
to make it more tolerant so that books still look fine even if processed by
proofreaders who don't know about protecting chapters. I think we'll always
have to be aware of the stripper, even if they fix it to be more intuitive.
I downloaded my books to see how they look. I can't say mine are
representative though because I numbered the unnumbered pages and moved page
numbers to the top.

Monica Willyard

  _____