[bksvol-discuss] Re: should page numbers be moved?

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:05:37 EDT

As a reader, it would be less confusing for me to have them at the top of the
page. When I am reading a book on my stream and I hear a page number I just
assume that it pertains to the following page. On the other hand, I suppose it
really does not matter which page I, personally, think I am on anyway because
I ordinarily read a book through from start to finish without navigating
around in it, but others might have reason to know what page they are on.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] should page numbers be moved?
Date:
3/28/2009 11:14:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Okay, there seem to be a lot of folks moving page numbers to the top of
pages. I don't do this because it's a real pain and I'm not sure it's
necessary.

However, if it's necessary then I wish bookshare would require it, and I'd do
it (grumbling the whole time).

But, I'd like to hear from others as to whether or not they move page numbers
to the top of pages, and if so then why.

Bob

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is
the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)