[bksvol-discuss] Re: religious books

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 19:12:44 -0400

Hi Lori and Lisa,
I'm also proofreading an excellently scanned book with both Hebrew and Greek words in it. Like you, lori, I spend half my time at google. I put in the word and then write either +hebrew or +greek. That works for me; I'm not really looking for a definition, but just confirmation that the word is really a word. HTH!
Marty

-----Original Message----- From: Lori Castner
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 1:01 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: religious books

Hi, Lisa,

I recently proofread a book containing about 15 Hebrew words.  It was
scanned by an excellent scanner.  To verify the words (I don't know a bit of
Hebrew) I copied the word and pasted into the Google search followed by the
word definition.  In the search results, the word came up with a meaning or
comment.  That way, I knew that the Hebrew scanned correctly.

Of course, as I said, the scan was excellent, and there were only about 15
words to check.

Since becoming a proofreader, google has become invaluable to me as a source
for checking names, foreign words, and correcting many scannoes.

I enjoy proofreading religious books.

Lori C.