[bksvol-discuss] Use google to spellcheck foreign words (was religious words)

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 19:20:05 -0500

Marty, that is a fantastic hint! Thank you! This is going right into my toolbox for proofreading. I run into French words a lot in books I'm proofreading and I don't know any French at all. This is a great general technique.

Judy s.

From:     Martha Rafter <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
To:     <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:     [bksvol-discuss] Re: religious books
Date:     Thu, 2 Aug 2012 19:12:44 -0400

Hi Lori and Lisa,
I'm also proofreading an excellently scanned book with both Hebrew and Greek words in it. Like you, lori, I spend half my time at google. I put in the word and then write either +hebrew or +greek. That works for me; I'm not really looking for a definition, but just confirmation that the word is really a word. HTH!
Marty