[bksvol-discuss] Re: paragraphs for validators, general question

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 06:03:03 -0500

I do not format either. Please know that that changes the book itself. So do not add spaces or paragraphing even though Cindy continues to do so for some reason I never understood.

E.

At 08:28 PM 12/7/2005, you wrote:

Lissi, maybe I am wrong in this but I don't format.  I've validated books
scanned by Caitlin, Tom, Jim P. and Carrie just to name a few, but the four
people I have listed have given me wonderfully scanned books with very few
errors.  I tend to concentrate on words--putting hyphenated words together
if they span a page break, getting rid of an excess hyphen in the middle of
a line, taking a word like
re - active for example and making it reactive, getting rid of garbage
characters at the beginning or end of words.  My feeling is that if, in a
dialog for example, each person's quote begins on a line of its own, and if
the beginning of what seems to be a new paragraph starts on a new line, I am
not going to indent or add spaces. While I don't have a braille display, I
think if I did, I would blanch at the empty braille cells indicating a
paragraph on an 18 or 32 cell display, being happy if each new paragraph
began on a new line at the left hand margin.
Shannon