[bksvol-discuss] Re: paragraphs for validators, general question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:26:15 -0800 (PST)

It's probably not my place to answer, but I can
imagine myself with failing eyesight as I grow older,
or with macualr degeneration, and using my computer to
magnify the type of a book--as I do now, in most
cases, to validate. My father's 90-something lady
friend has macular degeneration and was given some
kind of magnifying reader, but she finds it confusing
to use. I think I'd prefer the computer. I don't know
enough about dyslexia or other physical conditions to
know what best serves them.

O.K. Yes, Sue, this has been discussed before, quite
some time ago, when I first started validating. At
that time more people told me they wanted skipped
lines between paragraphs if possible. But, like the
book title says, that was then, this is now, and there
are new people on this list, so I'd like to take a new
survey. Indented paragraphs, lines skipped between
paragraphs if possible, or neither, just the
end-of-line paragraphs symbol. I'd like to here from
the administrators,  too, if possible.  So far I have
Sue for indenting and Elizabeth for just the
end-of-line symbol.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond.

Cindy