[bksvol-discuss] Re: link for gift subscription

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:52:28 -0800

And the list of books to be validated is growing constantly larger. I wonder why Bookshare couldn't check a book for accuracy before its going on the step 1 list and returning books for rescan if they don't meet a certain standard. I would think this would help eliminate all of the good and fair books out there that Bookshare encourages readers to do over, ending up paying twice as much in volunteer fees for the book. It seems to me that we have come so far beyond the original concept of Bookshare that meaningful changes need to be made in the expected standards if Bookshare is really to continue to thrive. It particularly bothers me when I see books that would be desirable for students to read and then find significant errors. If I were a school district or an individual, I would really resent it if I had such a book embossed with all the expense that that entailed. I believe Bookshare is at the point in its development where quality is more important than quantity.