[bksvol-discuss] Re: italics

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 08:43:15 -0500

Brackets, or braces would definitely work. I sort of save brackets for scanner/validator notes.

Clear as mud?
Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike" <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 10:29 PM
Thank you but that's not the problem or the question. I
have sighted help and have copied the sentence. My question is, this is going
to make a real change in the print copy so the sighted reader (dyslexic
etc.) will miss the way it looks in the book entirely. This is why I am asking
how others are dealing with this issue. But thanks again for your offer.
You know I won't hesitate to ask you for help when I need it; you are always
so generous. Jill
----- Original Message ----- From: "Grandma Cindy"
<popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Jill O'Connell

<jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [bksvol-discuss] italics
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 3:55 PM
I have been following the discussion on the list

about

making italics but
have done nothing about it so far; this is partly

because

Kurzweil does such
a good job reading them and although it would be

nice, I

didn't think it was
all that important making the italics available in

braille

since they
wouldn't be shown in the speech version

either.  Now,

however, I am
confronted with an example that Kurzweil can't

read and

it's fairly long. I
can retype it but, of course, the effect will be

lost for

the sighted
reader. I would really welcome being told what

others are

doing in similar
situations. I think it is virtually impossible to
accommodate the three
readinggroups who use Bookshare. I wonder how  the

staff

doing scanning
would handle this situation. Any comments would be

welcome.

Jill

 To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email

put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in

the subject

line.  To get a list of available commands, put

the word

'help' by itself in the subject line.

put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the

subject line.  To get a list
of available commands, put the word 'help' by

itself in the subject line.

Release Date: 7/5/2008
10:15 AM