[bksvol-discuss] Re: hold for revisited

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:46:49 -0500

Hi, Dave, you have a point that it may be hard to find a cause and effect relationship between the number of hold fors on Step One and any kind of significant impact on the quality of the collection. But that is precisely because the proportion is so small. The figure of 3 percent or so for the proportion of books there would hardly seem to indicate a major epidemic of cliquishness or exclusionism breaking out among Bookshare volunteers.

In short, given this very small proportion, which is easily verified, I fail to see why you are spending so much bandwidth on this subject. It would hardly seem to merit it.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: <talmage@xxxxxxxxxx>