[bksvol-discuss] Re: hold for revisited

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 18:57:48 -0500

Hi, Lori. Your questions are good ones. Some of us use the hold for system to work around poor validaters. As volunteers, we can't directly address the issue of sloppy work. All we seem to be able to do is reject the really awful scans and work around the people who don't proofread at all when they validate. I work to get the best scan possible and do a pretty thorough prevalidation before submitting so that Bookshare will have a clean copy, even if the validater does a minimal validation. Only Bookshare staff can do something definite about people who consistently submit poor quality work. Maybe they will in the future.

Monica Willyard

Lori Castner wrote:
Scott, I think that you and Dave make valid points.

My main question is though what do we do about "bad validators" and for that matter what do we do about bad submitters?

"Hold for" doesn't really address that issue, and since there are bad validators, hold for protects only certain books.

Cat Lover Lori