[bksvol-discuss] Re: hold for revisited

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 23:23:40 -0800 (PST)

Sometimes the Hold for person doesn't know the book is
up, and isn't on this list to have seen that it was
submitted. I, and others as well, have occasionally
noticed and written to people offlst to tell them.

G.Cindy

--- "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I should think that if a book with a hold for
> designation has been on step 1 for a long time (say,
> a month) and another person really wants to validate
> that book, he or she should contact the submitter
> and ask for the book.
>
>   The "hold for" person may not have known the book
> was on step 1 or may have had some other something
> happen in life (it happens to all of us) and may
> truly no longer be interested in validating that
> book.
>
>   I don't see how asking could hurt anything. I
> really doubt anyone is trying to withhold books from
> other people. It's just that there probably was a
> specific reason a book is being held for a certain
> validator.
>

> Jamie in Michigan
> Currently Reading - Goose in the Pond - Earlene
> Fowler
> Join Audible Now and Get TWO FREE DOWNLOADS!

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/