[bksvol-discuss] Re: dictionaries?

  • From: eden kizer <eden420@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 20:07:43 -0400

On 7/12/2011 7:59 PM, Valerie Maples wrote:
TTS is how Sheina has expanded her vocabulary and if a word sounds really odd to her, she will come get me and ask if it is right. We have expanded the exception dictionary to accommodate dialect, proper nouns, and things like that.

Valerie

On Jul 12, 2011, at 5:57 PM, Charisma wrote:

Actually, that gives me a pretty good laugh--what if someone learned
to speak by ONLY hearing words spoken aloud by TTS?  lol

I am new to the list, but I had to comment on what a beautiful name I think Sheena is. Is she your daughter? I am visually-impaired, and I wanted to introduce myself. I am Eden Kizer, and i have been a Bookshare member for over 2 years. I thought i would volunter, but everything seems to be scanning and proofreading. I thought there was also a need for synopses and reviews. Is that no longer a good way to volunteer? Also, does anyone know where I might get a used Victor Stream or other portable daisy player as I find the NLS player is cumbersome to put in my purse or cary around? I could not find the right address for the main bookshare list so please accept my apologies for putting this here. If anyone knows where i can get a used or player on payments, please write
eden420@xxxxxxxxxxx

I would also like to know if i can still be of any use volunteering since I am a poor proofreader and have no scanner right now, but I am very good at getting synopses and writing reviews. Thanks for all that you do.

Eden Kizer