[bksvol-discuss] Re: dictionaries?

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 20:26:59 -0700

Charisma,

From the preview on google books, the spy book looks very interesting. The difficulties with this book are that it is two columns per page and the names of the people being quoted are in teenie tiny type. If your scanning software can be set to recognize columns, it shouldn't be extremely difficult. Since the names are an important part of the book, them being in tiny type that is hard for OCR could make quite a bit of work for the proofer. If you are willing to scan the monster and wait for a fairly long time for proofing, I'd be interested in working on it.

Maybe you could send me a couple sample pages off list so I could see how it scans. That should be within the copyright regulations, especially since google books has several hundred pages in their "preview" How about page 23 (that starts with a quote from Fidel Castro on assassination) and a couple after that.

Misha

On 7/12/2011 5:16 PM, Charisma wrote:
All that said, there is no reason why a group of intrepid pioneers from
this>community might not band together to try to solve the problem bit by bit.
Thanks, Scott. :)

Anyone interested in this spy book? I need to see if it is on the
publisher's list first but I was not even going to go that far until I
knew.

:D

The Literary Spy: The Ultimate Source for Quotations on Espionage&
Intelligence by Charles E. Lathrop

http://tinyurl.com/5vfswl5

Charisma