[bksvol-discuss] Re: Support Needed For Our Volunteers and Members

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 23:55:31 -0500

Ann, now you've got me curious about who Saint Monica was. I didn't even
know there was a famous person with my name. (smile) More importantly, I
really like your idea about helping to teach some basics of cooking and food
preparation in the chat room one evening. You're such a good teacher and
know how to break things down into easy steps that a person can use for
other projects in the future. In addition to you, Elizabeth is a passionate
cook who knows a lot about making some delicious soups that are easy to
make. She's taught me a lot this year. She has such an enthusiasm for fresh,
affordable food, and I hope we can persuade her to work with us. Susan
Lumpkin is a great cook too. (smile) I do a lot of casseroles, Crockpot
dishes,  and baking.

Would you consider leading a chat like this after the holidays with several
of us there to help? I'm asking you to lead because I'm fighting another
round with the pneumonia bug, and I never know when I will have to stop
talking to cough for several minutes. That's not a good position to lead a
chat from. (smile)

I'm working on scanning a book called Never Pay Retail. It's a somewhat
older book from the early 90s, but much of its ideas still work. I wish it
were more recent so it would include websites though. Still, the book may
give people some ideas about what to search for on Google and what kind of
companies might give them the best price on things they need.

Monica Willyard