[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitted synopsis

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 04:50:06 -0500 (EST)

Cindy

The administrator, Gustavo in everyday occurrence, ought to have the
choice of which copy to return.  Assuming the validator fixed things with
the only lack being a technical issue such as copy or title verification,
that ideally should be the fixed copy.

The msg that is being unintentionally conveyed to validators is that
technical legal issues carry greater weight than content quality in the
approval process.
Legally speaking, this is understandable, and I faced the same dilemma
when I managed forums for CompuServe (and Katie Hill likely would same the
same for AOL),
but this, needless,to say, is practically unfortunate.
Of course, how could someone who has myriads of roles to play possibly
take the time to determine which copy to return.
To do this, you would need a team of administrators who spent their days
spot checking validations, submissions, in-house processing tools, and all
the rest.
That cannot now nor likely ever in the future, so you end up with
simplistic actions that take human judgments out of the equation.