[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitted synopsis

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:23:29 -0600

Yes, the person who chose the name DONEDONE was DUMBDUMB. <Smile>

I believe what this action means is that the automated tools which run after
a book is uploaded are done running.  Looks like the Stripper and Duxbury,
as well as other tools, are run on the file as soon as it is finished
uploading rather than after Gustavo approves the book for the collection.
That seems odd unless you think of approval as moving the distribution
version into the part of the system where members have access to it rather
than approving it for processing by the tools followed by adding it to the
collection.  I suspect that this ensures that books only make it into the
collection once they are processed and are in the specialized formats which
satisfy copyright law.

Gerald