[bksvol-discuss] Re: Searching For Books Category

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:10:24 -0700 (PDT)

Well, the only people who can change book titles are people with admin
privileges, who must be Bookshare employees. (You can change all the meta-data
of a book in the same screen, so accessing that screen must be restricted.) If
you want to send me a list of all book titles that need to be changed, that
would be great.
Generally, if a specific format has been started with one book, I try to keep
to the same format. If 90% of the books in a series have the same format, I'll
stick to that. But if a series has books that say Book 1, Volume II, #3, Vol 4,
and Book V, I'm changing them all to the same format, whichever format I feel
like at the moment. I ignore commas, but try to keep the words consistent. In
other words, I'll change the title of books where their titles are Secrets of
Droon, Secrets of Droon Series, The Secrets of Droon, etc.

Carrie