[bksvol-discuss] Re: Searching For Books Category

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 05:21:03 -0700

Hi Jim,

        If the submitter and validator have been diligent, you can search
Bookshare by series.  We are asked to include the series name and number in
the series in perenthesis after the title of the book when preparing it for
the collection.  I do this, and books that I have prepared in this way show
up with number and series name if I search for the series name.  For example
if I want to find books in the Freshman Dorm series, I type Freshman Dorm,
and the books all come up.

For books that you know are a part of a series, but whose number you don't
know, you can use www.fantasticfiction.com to look up the author of a
particular series and get a listing in order of that series.  For series
written by more than one author, you can look on that same site for the
series.  So, you do have options that work.

Mayrie