[bksvol-discuss] Re: Searching For Books Category

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 04:18:10 -0700 (PDT)

Jim, what I meant was that if people would put the name of the series in the
title of the book, as is requested in the volunteer manual, then when you're
looking for that series, you could find it by putting in the series title.

  And they should be putting in the book number as well, so you know if it is
book 1 or book 9 in the series.

  This should be done even for children's books.

  Sometimes a series doesn't have book numbers, like the Learning About Horses
series of books, but the submitter and or validator can still put the series
title in the title of the book so a person can find all of that series easily.

  I wouldn't search just for the word series. I would look for the actual title
of the series you want and then click on the author's name, so you can find all
books by that author, until everyone who submits and validates remembers to
properly submit the book.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Likely to Die by Linda Fairstein

Dish Network has the lowest price for digital TV, switch today! Pricing starts
at $29.99 per month! Free installation if you call now!