[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on children's book without page numbers

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 21:27:36 -0400

Not to mention blind teachers with sighted students where we need to ask things
like, "What do you think from the picture that the author means by ...?"  or
other things"do you think that the boy is happy or sad and how can you tell in
the picture?"

And yes I had to do that to several students, smile, is supposed to encourage
full observation and drawing conclusions from both what you read, hear and what
you see in pictures.

So Bookshare made it possible for me to do that particular task in my job.

By the by, I just noticed this in the last couple of print Braille books from
National Braille Press but they are putting in picture descriptions now.